Words cannot convey how touched and grateful we are to have such a wonderful community here at the Patch and in the larger blogosphere. Thank you^googolplex, dearest misscupcakees and dewaanifordrama, for remembering us (despite our inactivity T_T) and for honoring us with the ever-wonderful Liebster Award. <33^mabajillion
We were blessed to have the opportunity to share a little bit about ourselves in last year’s post. This year, we’re goin’ rogue. Jumpin’ straight to the questions!
Questions from misscupcakees
1. How did you get into blogging about drama?
wc: Well a long time ago, pinkblossom and I worked at the same lab. Even though we did our free labor with bacteria, DNA, and cells, we talked about dramas. THE WHOLE TIME. One day, we decided to go legit and post all our thoughts online. Pinkblossom set it up. And the rest is history.
pb: *nods sagely*
2. What is your all-time favorite drama trope that you can watch over and over again?
wc: Well I want to say I’m tired of rich guy, poor girl. But that is all K-drama is so I guess I actually do like it? I hate melos but I’m Sorry, I Love You is my all-time favorite. Maybe that’s because So Ji-sub is in it. And for some reason I keep rewatching Brilliant (Shining) Inheritance, even though it sucks.
pb: Disclaimer. I don’t do favorites. Ever. Because my poor indecisive brain can never make decisive decisions deciding who’s da best. So. I ain’t got a favorite. But I CAN say that I watch a LOT of daily shows that repeat the same story over and over and OVER again… and yet… I wub them like no other. Hee!
3. Who is your favorite OTP and why?
wc: Yoon Yoon-jae and Sung Shi-won. Refer to all 1997 posts if needed.
pb: Ack. Favorite again. I gotta nod in agreement with whitecarrot about Yoon Yoon-jae and Sung Shi-won being one of my recent favs. I mentioned them in our post last year, but Han Jung-won and Song Seung-joon (Kim Hyun-joo and Kim Seok-hoon of All that Glitters aka Twinkle Twinkle) were really quite the pair – intelligent minds coming together and yet so adorable as well. I was absolutely bonkers about Joo Yoo-rin and Seol Gong-chan (Lee Da-hae and Lee Dong-wook in My Girl) back in the day… Oh gosh I remember Shin Chae-kyung and Lee Shin (Yoon Eun-hye and Joo Ji-hoon in Goong) making their rounds in OTP fan wars as well. Hong Gil-dong and Heo Yi-nok (Kang Ji-hwan and Sung Yuri in Hong Gil-dong) just did something special for me, too… Oh noes I’ve started a trip down memory lane that is getting monstrous. I need to cut things off nooow. But lemme just squeeze this couple in: Lee So-yeon & Yoon Han. GAAAAAAAHHHH oh my GOLLY goodness gracious great balls of FIRE, these two are for SERIOUSLY killing meeeee every SINGLE week on We Got Married. I really really reaaaaally want them to get together for realsies, and they show little peeks here and there of a potential dream-come-true… Gah. Someone save me.
4. Whom do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
wc: Chilbongie!!!! I will never forgive Reply 1994. NEVER. I am still angry about this drama, so much that I couldn’t even write about it.
pb: Whitecarrot and I dedicated two whole posts to just a FEW names last year… [Second Lead Syndrome; Part 2] and I’m afraid my list is ever-growing. You see, I am stricken by this grave illness called the Pinkblossom Malady – I always wub the man who is destined to be heartbroken. It don’t feel no good, lemme tell ya.
5. What is your favorite MV? Link me please!
wc: Keep in mind all my favorites are just momentary. I get amused easily.
K.Will’s Please Don’t….featuring Seo In-guk. Love the ending!!
pb: I remember the days of old when music videos were full-on epic masterpieces… For those who are newer to the Kpop scene, I present to you some pretty darned good MVs:
[Do y’all remember Dennis Oh?!]
The next 2 MVs are meant to be watched together:
[You caught me sneaking in some Shinhwa love!]
If you want more SG Wannabe goodness and epic MVs, their Arirang series (3 MVs for songs from their 4th album) is great as well.
6. What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
wc: Too many to name. But current most hated is Reply 1994. So many years of my life wasted on bad dramas.
pb: I do believe the list for this one is endless as well. *bitter* A more recent one: Mirae’s Choice. Absolute WASTE of my time and energy.
7. Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
wc: Poor girl is hard-working and has a pleasant disposition (of course). Rich guy is a chaebol air and is bratty and prideful (of course). They meet and run into each other and piss each other off somehow. Commence old, recycled plot…Too lazy to write more. You guys know what happens after.
pb: Alas, I ain’t very creative – hence my distance from writing fanfic – so… umm… I don’t know? I’ll just watch whatever whitecarrot produces. 😉
8. Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them even do anything?
wc: So Ji-sub. Although he makes ridiculous clothing and hair choices, he is still beautiful. Current flavor of the year is Yoo Yeon-suk. Those shoulders, the baby face, and that arresting smile. I DIE. And current flavor of the month: Kim Soo-hyun. What a cutie!
pb: Well, ya see, despite my inability to make any decisive decisions decisively, I used to have one man for whom I loudly proclaimed my love. That is, until THIS happened. Whitecarrot even kindly put out feelers for a replacement. And though the potential replacements are all very nice and all… I am still curled up in an itty bitty leetle ball underneath the covers, waiting for my heart to heal.
9. What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
wc: Graduate school student. Very busy/stressed student. Our Patch is getting neglected because my brain can’t handle it!!!
pb: I ain’t getting’ a real job anytime soon. Still a student – and gonna be for some time. Why is med school so loooong? -__-;;
10. What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside?
wc: Koreaaaa (obviously). And Europe (never been). I reside on the west coast of the United States of America. Originally met pinkblossom in the southwest but now I’m separated from her and live in the more northwest part.
pb: I would like to go back in time and fix all the dramas that started off fantabulously then went into bonkerland. Do I need to enter the writer’s mind? Or the PD’s? Or visit the filming site? I don’t know where it is, but I need access. Stat.
Questions from dewaanifordrama
1. Choose a question from the 10 I just answered that you like and answer it. Our choice: How did you come up with the name of your blog?
wc: Sooo….my AIM screenname back in the day was whitecarrot. So I thought I would just stick to it because I forget things quite easily. Then I think pinkblossom decided she liked pink blossoms. And then we started thinking of gardening terms, and we decided a patch might be cute. So we end up with the extremely corny name of Carrotblossom Patch. Maybe pinkblossom has a different take on this story. Again bad memory you know.
pb: My pen name was actually the collaborative effort of my then-roommates, and after much deliberation the final two contenders were “pinkdaisy” and “pinkblossom”, and the latter won! Whitecarrot and I prolly shoulda thought a bit harder about our blog’s name… But we march on!
2. If I were to visit you in your city/country, what activity/touristy thing would you want to do? (If you want to, please include where that might be)
wc: Bike to the pier and eat yummy pork sandwiches. Walk around in the giant giant park close to my house.
pb: Go to the beach and just enjoooy the beautiful weather. If you INSIST, I’ll take a picture for you in front of Duke’s, but there ain’t no cutouts you can pose with… [Ten points to the person who knows which drama was filmed at Duke’s!]
3. What is your favorite K-drama (or K-pop) trope?
Please refer to #2 from misscupcakees! 😀
4. What is your favorite Korean food? (Or if you haven’t eaten Korean food, just your favorite food)
wc: Soon Doo Boo!! Soon Du-bu? I don’t know how to spell it but its yummy!!
pb: This might be worse than asking me what my favorite drama is… I absolutely LOVE food like no other – prolly more than – a looot more than – I should. So, uh, I like… everything? I’ve been craving bu-chin-gae the last few months… I don’t know why. Oh, and I absolutely ADORE galbi-jjim – I loved going to Korean-American weddings as a child, because galbi-jjim was always one of the catered items LOLOL!
5. Please recommend a K-drama (or Korean film) for me to watch.
wc: Wow. This is too hard. We watched a lot of the same stuff. Well an oldie but goodie is My Girl but I feel like you have watched that. Maybe a Taiwanese drama? Office Girls. It’s addicting but not great. But the guy is cute!
pb: You’ve watched so many of the ones I usually recommend! 😀 😀 People always regret asking me to make recommendations, because they don’t know what they’re gettin’ into until they see the list I give ‘em hahahaa! I will restrain myself and recommend just a few:
- All In (ft. Lee Byung-hun, Song Hye-kyo, Ji Sung, Park Sol-mi — and a young Jin Gu and Han Ji-min!)
- Bad Family (ft. Kim Myung-min, Nam Sang-mi, et al.)
- Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (ft. Gong Yoo, Gong Hyo-jin, et al.)
- Damo (ft. Lee Seo-jin, Ha Ji-won, Kim Min-joon)
- Goong (ft. Yoon Eun-hye, Joo Ji-hoon, Kim Jung-hoon)
- Incarnation of Money (ft. Kang Ji-hwan, Hwang Jung-eum, Park Sang-min, Oh Yoon-ah)
- The Last Scandal of My Life (ft. Choi Jin-shil, Jung Joon-ho, Jung Woong-in)
- Lovers in Paris (ft. Park Shin-yang, Kim Jung-eun, Lee Dong-gun)
- My Daughter Seo-young (ft. Lee Bo-young, Lee Sang-yoon, Park Hae-jin, Choi Yoon-young, Chun Ho-jin — this recommendation is on behalf of many of our Patch Friends ;))
- Tree with Deep Roots (ft. Han Suk-kyu, Jang Hyuk, Yoon Jeh-moon, Jo Jin-woong)
- The Brotherhood of War (Taeguki; ft. Jang Dong-gun, Won Bin)
- Shiri (ft. Han Suk-kyu, Choi Min-sik, Kim Yoon-jin)
- Joint Security Area (ft. Lee Young-ae, Lee Byung-hun, Song Kang-ho)
- The Good, the Bad, the Weird (ft. Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jung Woo-sung)
- The Face Reader (Kwan-sang; ft. Song Kang-ho, Jo Jung-seok, Lee Jung-jae, Lee Jong-suk)
- Once Upon a Summer (ft. Su Ae, Lee Byung-hun)
I do most certainly dislike doing this part, because there are always a mabajillion bloggers I want to honor, and at the same time I don’t want to burden anyone… So. This is an open love letter and Liebster to each and every single one of you. We’d love to hear from you, in any shape or form – and if all you do is think of a response in your mind and chuckle, well, we’ve accomplished our goal!
5 Questions We Have for You:
- Which do you enjoy more: reading or writing?
- Pretty boy (lean build) or Buff (manly) man?
- A book recommendation, please!
- Dogs or cats?
- Whom would you rather live with: evil Cheong-dam-dong mother-in-law or ruthless CEO father-in-law?
THANK YOU so very much again, misscupcakees and dewaanifordrama, for the looove. *bear hug*