First of all, I’m kinda sad episode 13’s ratings clocked in at a lower 15.6% (TMmS) or 14.8% (AGG Nielsen). I mean I totally get that it was during Chuseok and that you people actually do stuff on holidays but I’m still sad cause I really want this drama to continue to break its own ratings.
A lot of netizens had a problem with Joong-won’s coma/memory loss issues. I actually did not. Granted, these plot devices are so overused, overdone, over-everything. But I felt like it was valid within this story because the supernatural ghost stuff backs it up. It’s sort of a cop-out for the Hong Sisters to use memory loss as a plot point, but really looking back at their repertoire have they done anything super out-of-box. Ultimately, their dramas are just a cutesy, zippy, punny, metaphor-filled good time. There are no overarching grand themes and insights about life. Just cuteness and great chemistry between the main actor/actress.
Some other points of interest:
1. Gong Hyo-jin continues to act without boundaries and just cries her heart out. I literally felt my heart shatter into pieces every time Gong-shil had an encounter with Joong-won after his memory loss.
2. Kang woo is beginning to feel like an afterthought. We still don’t know much about him at all, and he actually just takes up space/screentime. Just about zero character development. If I didn’t love Seo In-guk this much, I’d be annoyed why he’s even still in this show. Same goes for Tae Yi-ryung but she’s kind of useful when she pushes Gong-shil and Joong-won together.
3. Hanna downright gets on my nerves. I guess she’s doing her job as the villain. There are a lot of theories floating around on Soompi. People think Hanna is actually an evil Hee-joo and the Hee-joo ghost is Hanna. Ehh, I don’t really know about this theory. I don’t think the Hong Sisters go that deep. We’ll see about this one. At least Secretary Kim seems genuinely not evil/not involved with the plot against Joong-won cause I love the token fairy-godmother in the form of an old ahjussi Sectary Kim.
4. Them little neighbor boys are sure adorable. And useful! Make Joong-won remember!
yes!!! my point of interest is the same!!! 😀
– i love gong hyo jin! she is the best actress i had ever seen.
– i become more and more courious about Kang Woo.
– Hanna.. she is evil and scary and i hate her.
– the little neighbor boys is SO cute. their facial expression is priceless.
cant wait for the next episode!!!
you know – i wasnt doing my normal visits to blogs etc last week and was waiting for Master’s Sun to come on Wed and it didnt – then when I finally figured it out this is what came out…I love gong hyo jin always but you’re right about the memory loss shit that they always use…sigh…so sick of it. I guess we’ll see what happens next this Wed/Thui