These two episodes weren’t so heavy on Shi-won/Yoon-jae action but more on Shi-won/Tae-woong and Yoon-jae/Joon-hee! But I decided to split the two episodes in two posts since this was longer than expected…
Very summarized recap:
1. This episode has intermittent flashbacks on how Shi-won papa met Shi-won mama. Originally Shi-won mama was trying to give love letters from her friend (Yoon-jae mama) to a guy (Yoon-jae papa). But due to a error, Shi-won mama ends up giving all the letters to Shi-won papa. Shi-won papa falls for Shi-won mama and ends up giving her a love letter. In the end Yoon-jae mama and Yoon-jae papa still end up together. Cute anecdote!
2. Yoon-jae gives fuzzy Yoon-jae pup to Joon-hee after not telling his feelings to Shi-won. Boo-hoo. Some little girl lost her pup which looks just like Yoon-jae pup. She constantly goes to Joon-hee to play with Yoon-jae pup. Joon-hee’s heart is too soft and decides to give the Yoon-jae pup to little girl. It ends up that little girl’s lost pup was actually found by Shi-won and Shi-won papa. Shi-won papa tells Yoon-jae they are keeping lost pup, and Shi-won named the pup Yoon-jae and hugs it even when she sleeps. Heartbreak… Later on, both puppies are in a clearing in the park. The little girl comes and grabs a puppy, while Shi-won comes and grabs the other.
4. Tae-woong started a sucessful online teaching business and is now one of Busan’s wealthiest people. Tae-woong takes Shi-won on expensive KBBQ date, plays games, and goes to buy cell phones with her. Shi-won doesn’t seem to show direct romantic interest in Tae-woong but basks in his niceness and his taking care of her. Tae-woong gives her a cell phone (he had bought couple cell phones) and says he put in his number as speed dial 1. He asks her to be his girlfriend. Shi-won looks confused and troubled and asks for some time to think about it. Tae-woong agrees.
5. Shi-won acts the same as usual with Yoon-jae. She jumps on his back, asks him what will she do without him and tells him that she likes him (all in jest). Yoon-jae becomes increasingly annoyed with her antics and throws her off, telling her Tae-woong won’t like this. Shi-won is confused at his extreme reactions.
6. Present day 2012: Eun Dokki (Eun Ji-won fan aka Shi-won’s arch enemy) comes to the reunion with her minion and both their husbands in tow. Playful banter ensues. The Eun Dokki couple is absolutely sickeningly mushy…
Thoughts: Yoon-jae’s voiceover this episode says that everyone is born with a red string tied to their pinky finger which connects them to the true love/other half. The string becomes tangled and often it becomes hard to find this other half. This imagery is mimicked in the puppy exchange. I would like to think that Shi-won grabs the puppy Yoon-jae originally bought for her. This is also mirrored in the parents relationship. There is some confusion but the right people ended up together. (Hopefully I’m interpreting this correctly). I really really hope this indicates that Shi-won will eventually find her way to Yoon-jae. Yes, I am die-hard for this first love to happen as the end all. Otherwise , this episode was really focused on Tae-woong revealing his feelings to Shi-won. I’m not really getting the Eun Dokki business but it’s entertaining nonetheless.