Headlines from the entertainment world
1. The second season of Korea’s very own Dancing with the Stars came to a spectacular close today as Choi Yeo-jin and Hyo-yeon (SNSD) battled it out for the Mirror Ball Trophy. Both teams danced the Paso Doble and the Cha-cha-cha tonight and received 29 (out of 30) points for both of their dances. Thus it came down to the nation’s vote to determine the winner, and at the end of the night Choi Yeo-jin and her partner Park Ji-woo took home the trophy. It wasn’t too much of a surprise, because Choi-Park were heavily favored to win (they won 6 or 7 of the previous 11 rounds), but I was hoping Hyo-yeon could pull it off with her partner Kim Hyung-suk. They’re just adorbs, and though all four of the dances were absolutely brilliant tonight, I personally liked both of Hyo-yeon’s better. Alas, it was not to be, but I’m so happy she was able to shine on her own these past 3 months. She’s been one of the more underrated and underappreciated members of SNSD, which has always broken my heart because she’s SO SWEET and talented. I’m really happy for Park Ji-woo, though: he’s amAZING and I was sad he didn’t win last season. Looking forward to more great things from everyone!
2. I mentioned the awkward fight scene between Mok-dan (Jin Se-yeon) and La-la (Han Chae-ah) in my weigh-in on Episode 15 of Gaksital. Well, it looks like that scene has set Korea abuzz for a different reason: Han’s stunt double’s face was clearly caught in the episode. LOL Epic fail.
3. Looks like Yi-soo (Kim Ha-neul) is gonna be partyin’ it up in tomorrow’s Episode 17 of A Gentleman’s Dignity! Kim Min-jong, on the other hand, is holding up quite nicely amongst the young ’uns of his SM Entertainment family. That man’s Choi Yoon is just *mwah! Pop star BoA also promoted the drama with her own F44 from the SM family.
4. Speaking of BoA, the lovely lady is releasing her 7th full-length album “Only One” this month! She personally wrote the lyrics and music for the title track, which is supposed to be a “lyrical hip-hop” piece. The music video teaser was released earlier this week, featuring Yoo Ah-in. The dance version of the MV and all songs will be released online the 22nd. The album will hit stores July 25th.
5. Actress Lee Young-ae (Daejangeum/Jewel in the Palace, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance) was in Paris’s Place Vendome this week to represent Asia at the opening of a new Louis Vuitton jewelry store. She’s receiving accolades for her “youthful beauty,” demonstrated in a photo with Kirsten Dunst. Though the angle’s not the most flattering for Lee (a mother of twins and 41 years old), she defs outshines Dunst (only 30 years old).
My deepest condolences to the victims, their family and friends, and the entire community of Aurora, Colorado. You are in our prayers.
- Headlines: July 15, 2012
- Headlines: July 14, 2012
- Headlines: July 13, 2012
- Headlines: July 12, 2012
- Headlines: July 8, 2012
- Headlines: July 7, 2012
- Headlines: June 19, 2012