Looks like I’ve caught whitecarrot’s punny-ness. Har har.
Thoughts about Episode 14:
Wow wow wow wow wow. All I can say is that this was a Gong Yoo highlight episode. Tears, tears, and more tears that twisted my already twisted gut like a pretzel. Or maybe a licorice? Plot-wise, as whitecarrot mentioned, not tooooo much happened, but I’m glad for Kyung-joon’s sake that he got to hear Da-ran confess her love for him. I don’t recall her ever actually saying “I love you” (it was understood but implied and couched in crazy Hong-Sister-metaphors), so I’m glad it happened. Though you may know someone loves you, hearing the words do make a difference. But then he has to decide whether to essentially give up his love by losing his memory?!? Aaack this is killing me. But seriously, that last breakfast scene? That was a BREAK-UP!! Oh my gawsh, I can’t believe they just broke up like that. I’m still in a dither ’bout that one. The “agitation” part of “dither,” not the “excitement” part.
Otherwise, I feel like we finally arrived at the critical point, body-shenanigans-wise. I’m assuming this is the climax? Please don’t say we still have another mountain to climb. (Remember those mountain-valley diagrams we learned in school that describe every plot ever?) I have NO idea who’s in whose body at this point. When Gong Yoo woke up at the very end, his expression wasn’t really Kyung-joon-ish, but it wasn’t all that Yoon-jae-like either… Harumph. I can see that they’ve tried to mirror (once again) the very first time Gong Yoo opened his eyes and Da-ran called out “Yoon-jae-ssi?” That time she wanted Yoon-jae. The second time she called out Kyung-joon’s name and wanted it to be him. This time she’s also called out Kyung-joon hoping for him, but… if it’s still Kyung-joon, what do we do for the next 2 episodes? Personally, I want Gong Yoo no matter what, but it makes zero sense to have Yoon-jae end up with Da-ran now. He was deprived of any story time, so Kyung-joon’s gotta be the end game. Unless he dies like the wretched 49 Days? Let’s not go there. Anyway, that means Kyung-joon’s gotta go back to his own body for there to be stuff to talk about next week. If he wakes up in Yoon-jae’s body, we’re just rehashing the past 14 episodes. So story-wise, we’ve gotta move forward. Then again, this drama’s been a master at spinnin’ its wheels in place, so who knows what’s gonna happen?
I don’t think I’m invested enough in this drama to make
realistic or accurate speculations, but some interesting possibilities in my mind:
- The two bodies wake up with their own souls intact and no memories. Da-ran woos back Shin Won-ho. The pinkblossom Approval Rating: Eewww because I just can’t imagine Lee Min-jung and Shin Won-ho together. Not so cool.
- The two bodies wake up with their souls intact and Kyung-joon remembers everything but pretends not to (like he promised in today’s episode). Eventually he caves – or Da-ran figures it out – and they end up happily together. The pinkblossom Approval Rating: Once again, eewww. And what’s poor Gong Yoo gonna do for 2 episodes? End up with Sae-young? Yuck.
- Kyung-joon wakes up in Yoon-jae’s body as usual and Shin Won-ho never wakes up. Ever. The pinkblossom Approval Rating: Heck yeah, Gong Yoo + Lee Min-jung. But story-wise… uh… oops? And my poor heartthrob Yoon-jae’s never comin’ back? *sniffle*
- Kyung-joon wakes up in Yoon-jae’s body and Yoon-jae in Kyung-joon’s and we have Season 2 for Yoon-jae. The pinkblossom Approval Rating: Uh, I don’t think I’ll watch that one. Unless somehow Yoon-jae get switched AGAIN back into Gong Yoo’s body and adventures ensue? Wait a second… he’d just be going back to his own body, then. Never mind, I’m stickin’ with no watch.
- Everybody dies. Theee end. The pinkblossom Approval Rating: *ducks for cover*
Looks like we’ll have to wait ’til next Monday to see what happens. Or, Tuesday, I guess. *waves* Happy speculating, everyone!
- BIG Revelations – Episode 14
- BIG Frustrations… Episode 13
- More Opinions on BIG
- No More BIG Dilemma
- My BIG Dilemma
- Big – My New Obsession